Thread: One Or More
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2008, 06:15 PM   #9
BigJimP

I use a variety of shotguns:

Over/Unders - I like the Browning XS Skeet model 30" barrels - in 12, 20, 28 and .410 . I rarely use the .410 in the field - and its more for skeet or sporting clays. The XS Skeet model is my primary gun for skeet and sporting clays - and for quail, doves.

For Trap - I primarily use a Browning XT Trap over under 32" barrel / but occasionally I use an older Browning BT-100 single barrel 34" for singles.

Waterfowl - I primarily use a Benelli Super Sport 12ga / although I have a 20ga version as well now for upland game,etc.

Skeet practice - I shoot a 28ga a lot - just because its a good pattern and only used 3/4 oz of shot ( rather than 1oz or 1 1/8 oz in a 12ga ).

I own a variety of pump guns / 12 & 20ga - Browning BPS - but I rarely shoot them these days.

Would one gun do everything - yes, the Benelli Super Sport 12ga - its a good all around gun - or any 12ga for that matter. Balistically, you can reload or get a variety of shells these days - where you can make a 12ga perform like a 20 or 28ga very easily ( so its a good gun in skeet, quail, etc ). I like the Benelli because it shoots cleaner than a gas operated semi-auto, its quicker to cycle the 2nd shell than most semi-autos and its real easy to break down, clean and reasseble in 10 min.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries