View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 12:39 AM   #8
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Front and rear shaft motor bearings have spots for oiling. Like little holes in its metal casting where one would drop a little oil into. (cups)
Some use 3 & 1 oil. Some even use Break Free clp for the purpose.
Front shaft of your motor turns a planetary gearing reduction system. Some guys run automotive rear-end lube 85/90 weight grease when the seals and gaskets are tight and don't leak. That heavy weight lube also helps quiet its gearing lash. When your grinder starts to leak that heavy lube latter in age. If the leak gets heavy enough requiring filling more often. Than its a good idea to flush that reduction system and then use food grade oil at that time for its gearing lube. Just keep checking its gear reduction tank more often by the use of that site glass. And keep it filled half way up its glass.
I actually have two grinders here. Newest is a Lem w/ size 8 plate we use in our kitchen. The other is a Toledo Grinder made back in the early 20s. That one has a 10/12 plate. The Toledo grinder can actually grind cattle bones and not skip a beat in doing so. All cast iron construction and weighs near 100 lbs. Its motor is 2/3 HP Delco Remy capacitor start all copper wound and gallops along at 1750 rpm. I hope I've answered your questions SkaerE. Enjoy that grinder of yours Sir.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries