Thread: Metal GI mags?
View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Tucker 1371

Quote:
From someone who also "was issued them" I would rather have a GI mag over some plastic crap any day. Most GI mags now days come with anti tilt followers already installed and in 37 years of being issued, and using and buying GI mags I have never had one fail. You can load them and keep them loaded and ready regardless of what the internet hype is, unlike Pmags that require the use of a "dust cover" to keep the feed lips from spreading. Actually it is better to keep them either loaded or unloaded and not constantly loading and unloading them. Continuous compression and decompression of the spring is what causes the problems, not continuous compression as some tend to believe. I have had mags loaded for 10 years or more and never had a problem with feed lips spreading. Give me a standard issue GI mag any day.
Your supply guy must be better than mine, of my 7 issued mags three of them would not lock in the weapon and one had bent feed lips, causing quite a few jams doing Table 2 drills one day. None had anti tilt followers. Bought PMags and the next time we ran a range the weapon functioned flawlessly. I took PMags to Afg because after that crap theres no way I would have trusted my weapon always to go bang bang with a issue mag in it. Now we get NJP'd if we get caught using PMags

Have you tried the "plastic crap"? I mean to each his own but the evidence points to the "plastic crap" being far superior in terms of durability and reliability.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries