View Single Post
Old February 2, 2010, 04:15 PM   #14
NavyLT

Quote:
I know of one officer who was issued an M9 shortly after 9/11 and ordered to keep it on his persons for safety. He carried it around w/o ammo b/c he was not comfortable with it.
Oh man, that would be sweet! I love it when I have to qualify before deployment and at 3 and 7 yards I make one hole in the middle of target. It pisses the scorers off though! I am getting ready to qualify again in a couple of months, I'll buy lunch or dinner for whoever scores higher than me, in my group.

But I know what you mean. I arrived in Iraq after combat training. We got issued ammo for our M-9's that we brought with us from training. Chief Petty Officer, excuse me - he was an E-7 - not a "Chief", could not figure out how to load the magazine, after being through combat training - TWICE! He was even trying to put the rounds in backwards! I loaded his magazines and told him to put these in your pocket, and please don't ever put one of them in the gun....

He was in Iraq two months and got sent home after getting fired from two different jobs.

Page generated in 0.02679 seconds with 8 queries