View Single Post
Old June 8, 2014, 11:15 AM   #21
HKFan9

Quote:
Regarding Eotech ruggedness, I've read multiple reports of batteries draining when turned off, HUDs delaminating, loss of zero, loss of nitrogen purge, electronic glitches requiring the batteries to be removed before it would function again and even parts coming loose internally.
Please show me any report from anywhere about any physical or mechanical failure of an M21 (or Trijicon Reflex) that wasn't washout related.
Tomac
I had a Trijicon Reflex with the 4moa dot that was "developed for US Special Forces" on a 14.5'' BCM rifle a few years back that just flat out broke. I was a member of Trijicon's pro-staff at the time so I only paid half price for it, and they replaced it no questions asked.

First the polarizer they send with it.... since they are easily washed out in the sun... sorry, I liked the optic, but it did wash out, maybe the newer Mepro is better like someone stated idk. First that broke, and by broke I mean literally separated itself into pieces. After that the front of the sight, the clear plastic where the fiber optics sat, the glue started to come undone than one day that fell off... this gun was never used heavily or abused either.

Trijicon is a great company... even more so when you're on their pro-staff discount, and replaced it, however I turned around and traded for an Eo-Tech. I never had any problems with my EO-techs and I have owned about 5 of them. Even the cheapest 512 model I bought used. If you are having battery issues with your EO-tech I would call them and send it back, simple as that. However I have seen a lot of guys claim battery issues, when they didn't know how to properly turn them off.

One of my co-workers has the Tavor and keep urging him to buy the Mepro sight that goes with it, I am not against them in any way, but EO-Tech, Trijicon, and Aimpoint are my usual go to's.

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 8 queries