View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 04:57 PM   #12
jmr40

Quote:
I really wish B&C offered stocks for ADL models. I like that my gun is lightweight but the only nice synthetic stocks I have found that let me retain the blind mag is McMillan and I don't feel like selling body parts for one.

If you are at all handy with tools consider one of these.

http://hightech-specialties.com/stocks.html

For $290 you get a stock blank and they offer it in ADL. You may, or may not have to do some minor final fitting. You will need to cut it to the correct length of pull and epoxy on a recoil pad and paint it. It an't rocket science. I've done 2-3 and they turned out pretty well. Mine were not as professionally finished, as my McMillans, but were perfectly serviceable on a working rifle and far lighter than a B&C. This is the only other stock I'd consider on a hunting rifle other than Mc Millan

I used a $2 flipflop from Walmart for a recoil pad to cut down on costs and weight. The Flip flop pads work great and weigh 1/2 oz vs 4-5 oz for a standard pad.

Here is a photo of one with the flip flop pad. This stock is 1 lb. 6 oz., about the same as a McMillan Edge A B&C Medalist will weigh about 2.5 lbs. A standard weight McMillan will run about 30-32 oz.

Page generated in 0.03681 seconds with 8 queries