Thread: truncated cone
View Single Post
Old June 18, 2001, 07:40 PM   #2
Shooter 973

Truncated cone

The advantage of this style bullet is in the big flat nose, it transfers energy much better to any type of target.
I use this style of bullet almost exculsively in my 45's and it is a better choice for a 9mm also. The only time I cast or load round nose is to use in a Volunteer Arms Tommy gun that chokes on anything but ball, or round nose.
I use this bullet for bowling pins as it seems to grab them better than RN and not bounce of off on a side hit.
As far as I know they are 100%reliable and are just the ticket for any type of shooting.
I also load them in 44Mag. for my lever rifles and they fed very well and hit very hard. More aerodynamic than a semi-wadcutter.
I believe this bullet shape was developed for the 9mm originally to give it more knockdown power, but it works great in any caliber that I have tried.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries