View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Magnum Wheel Man

MOBUCK... I can understand your thinking, however this build will be for a gun that gets shot a lot, at ranges from 50-300 yards, at paper... yep, could shoot deer with it, but I have plenty of other calibers for that, so this will pretty much be a fun gun to shoot at targets...

part of it's appeal ( & of the cartridges / rifles in this group of my collection ) is that they are all pretty efficient, use less powder than some others, cases should have good life, can use common cheaper bulk bullets if desired, but also have target bullets available... 17 Fireball & 223 Remington are the smaller cartridges, there are several bigger bores as well... the 6.8 aught to make a nice, pleasant, shooting mid bore off the bench, for casual shooting... sure a PPC or other short target round would work as nice or better if I were doing competition grade shooting, but for casual recreational shooting, & since I already had the dies, brass & bullets for a Contender barrel, outfitting the reloading bench for the "new" rifle is efficient as well

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; August 26, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.03209 seconds with 8 queries