View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Misssissippi Dave

I never include the cost of brass when I figure out what it cost me to reload any round. The reason is I use the brass of factory ammo I have used or what ever is given to me by people I know that don't reload and give their bass to me.

Buying in bulk tends to save you the most money. When you first start out with a new load you might not save all that much money. You normally buy powder in small amounts and bullets in small amounts until you find what works for you. Once you figure out what you want to use for your load you normally can get better pricing on bulk orders. I like ordering 10,000 or more primers and 8 pounds or more powder at a time and together from Powder Valley. Check around and you might find some good deal on suitable bullets when you are ordering more than 1000 of the same bullet at a time. For pistol bullets I buy them by the case and normally more than one case at that. This cuts the price down pretty fast. It can be rather expensive doing this all at once. Getting a friend or two that also reload can help to put together bulk orders. I do normally split up my powder/primer orders and bullet orders to make it a little easier on my check book.

You do have to compare the ammo you are producing to the quality of the ammo you would normally buy. What I can develop is better than say shat WWB is from any source and costs less to make than it does to purchase by the case. I really need to compare my ammo to higher priced ammo to get a realistic cost comparison.

Page generated in 0.03385 seconds with 8 queries