View Single Post
Old September 24, 2014, 10:55 PM   #1
HitmanNumber86

My first mosin. Failure to eject.

I recently picked up an Izchvek 91/30. I decided to refinish the stock, 'cus there was varnish everywhere. While I was refinishing I had plenty of time to fiddle (PTO takes time to dry). Now that I finally got it all together, the rounds fail to eject.

Most often the rounds get caught with the rim stuck between the extractor and the ejector, past the ejector shoulder, with the case pressing against the port. It takes little pressure to remove. The ejector shoulder looks fine, not very much wear at all. Pulled slowly, the ejector catches, and the round pops out lazily onto the floor. Pulled quickly, the round bounces of the edge of the port and goes left.

I've tried bending the inturruptor dozens of times, but I get the same result. Sometimes it starts to work right, then when I place it in the stock, and the spring is depressed on the way in, it goes to crap again. I've tried different brands of ammo (steel and brass), and they all perform the same way.

Before I took it apart, it was ejecting rounds across the room. The harder I pulled, the faster the round came out. Now it's crap, and all I did was take it apart, and put it back together. I even tried looking up photos to make sure the ejector was in right. Theres no cosmoline anywhere, and it's got enough oil to deep fry Turkey.

I am so lost!!!! Can anyone help?

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries