Thread: FA parts
View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Skans

Quote:
One point that needs to be brought out, aside from legal issues. When that bill was in the mill, some DIAS makers began turning them as fast and cheaply as possible. The result is that many on the market are made of bad material, even zinc alloy, and won't last for even one magazine. So the buyer pays a hefty price, risks a fine and/or imprisonment, and ends up with nothing.
That's interesting. Since I believe that these same sears could be registered up until 1986 (could be wrong - but not sure why they couldn't be), wouldn't that mean that many of the registered DIAS's could be junk? I've heard that the registered stainless steel ones are the best - but are non-stainless DIAS's junk? That's a chunk of some very expensive "junk", at roughly $9,000 - $11,000.

I guess what I'm really asking is: Are the registered DIAS's physically the same as the sketchy "pre-82" DIAS's?

Really, out of all of the registered .223 full-autos available, I believe the only factory produced machinegun is the AC556. The rest are all some kind of conversion.....never gave it much thought....just rambling now.

Last edited by Skans; September 6, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.03427 seconds with 8 queries