View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Peppy

Newbie wants to thank members of The Firing Line

I visited the forum a few times to research issues about the few guns I own. I decided to join after researching about a handgun my father gave me years ago. It is a 1942 Colt 38 Detective Special. I learned much while reading the posts of many knowledgable Firing Line members. I performed the "timing" test described by DFerriswheel, (sorry if I butchered the name) and it passes the "lock in the notch" test on every chamber, only if you cock it like you mean business. If you perform the test extremely slow, it passes on only one chamber. Falls a froghair short of "click" on all others. It passes all the aspects of the remaining timing tests.
I would rate the Colt DS a 60% condition if comparing against a new gun. However, if I look and behave half as good as this weapon after 70+ years, I'd be lucky. I really had no idea of what my father had given me until recently. I'm tickled. My father is still alive at 84 years of age. The gun was given to him by my mother's stepfather. I'll try and attach an image to this post which best reflects the condition of the Colt DS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colt DS.jpg (219.3 KB, 67 views)

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 9 queries