View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Deja vu

ill be 40 soon enough. I have killed a deer most years since I was 14. A few years I got both archery and Rifle. Id say about 30 deer all together but that may be a little high. I have also gotten 4 elk, 2 hogs, 1 moose, 3 black bear, 1 buffalo and 1 Kodiak. Out side of the deer I remember them well but the deer all kind of blend together. I was going to get a Wolf but I never saw one last year during hunting season though I saw a lot out side of the season.

about 75% of my deer in the last 8-10 years have been shot from my back porch on opening day of hunting season. They love my Apple trees and I like them smoked with the wood from those same apples trees.

Most of my deer have been killed with a 357 magnum Marlin. I have killed a few with the 45/70 and a few others with a my S&W 357 magnum model 686. I have taken 1 deer with a 12ga, and 2 with my fathers 30-06 when i was still a teenager.

I hope to some day take one with a Semiautomatic. I have a Coonan Classic with a 6 inch barrel that should do the trick and is the the Caliber I feel most comfortable and trust. We have what is called a "short range hunt" on Idaho where hand guns in a strait walled cartrage with a round that was originally designed for a hand gun is acceptable. I am thinking Ill use the Coonan in that one.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries