View Single Post
Old June 3, 2013, 12:18 PM   #27
mmb713

Wyoredman wrote:

Quote:
Then I bought a chronograph. I decided to make 20 rounds the old way - trickle and weigh on the beam scale - and 20 rounds with the electronic scale/dispenser.

Over the chronograph, there was zero, nada, nill, zip difference in velocity, SD or velocity spread between the trickled and mechanized powder charges!
I've done similar experiments when I first got my chrono, but I didn't have an electronic dispenser. I tested trickled and weighed charges vs. charges thrown from my Uniflow. I used Blue Dot in 357 Magnum. I was testing to see how much consistency I was giving up by using thrown charges with its variation from charge to charge with a coarse powder like Blue Dot and spot on weighed charges. What I found was the velocities were identical but the thrown charges were more consistent than the weighed charges. Repeated testing came up with the same results, even in other cartridges and a different powder. I don't use the trickler so much anymore and won't be wasting money on a dispenser either.

Page generated in 0.01988 seconds with 8 queries