View Single Post
Old May 17, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1
M38 Mosin Nagant

My First Adventure in the Sporting Goods Section of Wal-Mart

So I walk in, hoping to find some .22lr Eley ammunition at wal-mart just out of curiosity. When I found the sporting goods section, of course, there was no clerk.

While I was looking for the ammunition cabinet myself, I couldn't help but notice that 99% of the sporting goods section was dedicated to airsoft and BB guns. That really ticked me off.

Alas, the ammunition cabinet. Here were it's contents:
-3 550 round bricks of federal .22lr ammunition
-One box of 30-30 winchester ammunition
-5 boxes of assorted .223 ammunition
-One box of .308 winchester ammunition
-2 boxes of .45 ACP ammunition

Apart from the 35 boxes of 12 gauge shotgun ammunition outside of the cabinet, that was all they had. The cabinet could hold 500x the amount of ammunition they put inside of it. Now, don't say they sold out, because when I came back a month later, the only difference was that they had one more box of 30-30 and all the federal .22lr ammunition was replaced by remington hollow point .22lr ammunition.

Of course, no real guns, not even muzzleloaders, just these toy BB guns.

Now, what else did they have? One cheap centerfire scope and more skeet launchers than god himself.

Overall, the sporting goods section was just bb guns and shotgun ammo, along with a lot of skeet launchers. I am never going to wal-mart for my firearm needs. Thank god they still sell hot pockets.

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries