View Single Post
Old April 28, 2005, 06:34 PM   #17
spacemanspiff

while your RO was on an obvious power trip, he was right. you should not have brought an uncased firearm to the line while the range was cold.

the RO's at the range i go to would do the same thing. they might not have gotten in your face about it and yelled at you like a DS, but you woulda been told to re-read the range rules.

before any shooter can proceed to the line at my range, they must read the posted rules. doesnt matter if you've been there 100 times, they wont let you sign in until you've at least looked at the sign for a minute.

there is also a new rule they've been enforcing: do NOT touch ANYTHING on your bench during a ceasefire. and that means ANYTHING. you are instructed to get your staplers, targets, etc off the bench before the line is cleared to go downrange.

theres good reasons behind strict RO's. just a month ago a shooter 'forgot' the rules and started fiddling with his rifles that were behind his bench. next thing you hear is a charging handle being operated. gave the two RO's a good adrenalin rush (as well as myself).

Page generated in 0.02156 seconds with 8 queries