Thread: 6MM Rem Brass?
View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 10:15 AM   #5
44 AMP
Staff

A quick check of Midway shows them to be out of 6mm brass, both Rem and Win, with no backorder.

The makers produce quite a few calibers as limited production runs, and when they are gone, they are gone, until the next production run of that caliber.

this doesn't mean there is no 6mm brass to be had, only that the big internet dealers are out, for now. Check you local stores, and gun shows.

I got a 6mm last fall, and had no trouble picking up several hundred pieces of new brass (rem) at the average price (somewhere around $40/100 IIRC) from brass dealers at gunshows in my area.

NO, I wouldn't pay $1.50 each, that is simply gouging.

FYI, the 6mm Rem is based on the 7mm Mauser case, and can be formed from them, (or any other case long enough with the standard head size, 7x57, 8x57, .270win, .30-06, etc.) Sure, its a pain, and may require neck reaming in addition to sizing (may not, depends on the brass being used), but it is a way to get usable brass when commercial outlets are out.

Properly loaded, the 6mm is the .243 plus 100-150fps or so.

Page generated in 0.02388 seconds with 8 queries