View Single Post
Old July 21, 2013, 06:46 PM   #21
MattShlock

The Japanese Bess' also have a flatter-bottom trigger guard as the one they used as a pattern had a banged guard too.

Reenactors use their guns. Not props, but tools. Most I've seen, and I have seen many as I organized ansd participated in historical activities, managed their equipment well. Clean enough. Used. Not abused. I will say Civil War is the most popular reenacting and brings in a wide spectrum of people to "the hobby" of reenacting. I'll even go so far as to say it, O.K.: the most below average. And they do tend to be the most unsafe IMO. But generally they try, are safe, and are supposed to be watched by their leaders.

We had one guy in a unit I was a member of. He got drunk and drove his car into a moat around a fortress. We posted a guard, made sure he didn't choke in his sleep, and he was kicked out of the unit and sent to get professional help with his family. People are people. Danger should not be tolerated and the unit should be embarrassed by poor equipment. It really is for the public!

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries