View Single Post
Old June 30, 2000, 12:51 PM   #43
Skorzeny

Spectre:

First of all, I don't know everything, but I do consider myself to be something of an expert in the history of combative systems.

Secondly, as many systems (legitimiate or not) of fighting there are (and perhaps more), there are those who claimed that they have never been defeated.

Largely, it is a matter of 1) deception, 2) exaggeration and 3) lack of experience. Meaning, some blatantly lie about their losses, some exaggerate their accomplishments and claim "super duper ultimate warrior" status and some simply hadn't fought enough against skilled fighters in a wide variety of circumstances to know.

Heck, I could run my own Dojo, "invite everyone" to fight me and beat up my students and claim that I've never been defeated.

Mythically, it is said that Ueshiba Morihei never lost a fight, but even if it were true, that does not make Aikido a viable self-defense system.

It's really about time that some of us left the "shrouded mystery of the ancient arts buried on some Chinese monastery" world and face reality.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Page generated in 0.02314 seconds with 8 queries