View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 01:23 PM   #11
BigJimP

In my opinion - I like the Benelli inertia system better than the Beretta gas system - but they are both good systems.

I have Benelli Super Sport models - in 12 and 20ga / and that gun comes with Benelli's Comfort Tech system in it ( where the chevrons in the stock compress as part of the recoil absorption system ) ...and this model also has the soft comb and the gel recoil pad. All of that adds up to a soft shooting gun, in my opinion ( but I'm 6'5" and 290 lbs too ...) but even my grandkids / some of the girls at 13 are 5' 10" and 100 lbs soaking wet ...and they seem to be able to handle the 20ga Super Sport very well as far as recoil / and its lightness lets them swing it fluidly since their upper body strength isn't really there yet ....but all the kids like the Benelli a lot. My older grandson started shooting my 12ga Super Sport when he was about 15 - and had no issues with it. I had an older Beretta 390 12ga as well ...and he reached for the Super Sport every time ... but part of that may be the carbon fibre / stainless ..cool factor too ...

The Benelli does cycle quicker than the Beretta gas guns / but there are advances in some of the gas guns out there too.

I don't think there is any doubt - the Benelli shoots way cleaner than any of the gas guns. After 150 - 300 shells, the Benelli is barely dirty ....and a gas gun, while it will still cycle, takes more time to really clean it. Now I full strip my Benelli every time I shoot it ( barrel, receiver, trigger group, etc ) but its a quick 15 min process / and the gun is back in battery. A gas gun takes me at least 30 min to really clean it.

I shoot my Super Sport in the field / and in clays ... and I don't think I've ever put more than 300 shells thru it in a day ...but it never came close to having a problem. I did loan it to a young fella to shoot last weekend / and he was shooting some cheap Estate loads in it ...and it was pretty dirty after 200 shells ....but his dad, shoots a Beretta, and he was amazed how fast I showed his son how I clean that gun / strip it all apart / put it back together.

Page generated in 0.03304 seconds with 8 queries