View Single Post
Old May 1, 2010, 06:45 PM   #4
jmr40

I've had both and will not say either is better. They are both probably the 2 best semi-auto designs currently being made. It just comes down to which design features are more important to you.

The Beretta is heavier and the gas system does soften the recoil. The Benelli is lighter and does have more recoil. This can be lessened some with the high tech recoil pads available.

I sold my Beretta after getting my first Benelli. Not that I think it was less of a gun, but just because the Benelli fit my needs better. I ended up walking 9 miles last Saturday turkey hunting and never fired a shot. If I had, it would have only been 1 shot. I appreciate the lighter weight and can live with slightly more recoil to get the weight reduction.

While they are probably equally reliable if kept reasonably clean I feel the Benelli will probably be more reliable if abused and not kept as clean. I know it is much easier to clean because of it's simple design.

If I shot a lot of clays and hunted less I would go for the softer shooting Beretta. Hard to make a bad decision either way.

My 2 Benelli's have never had the first problem with even the cheapest Walmart special loads. If using some very light handloads it may choke, but I've never had any problems.

Page generated in 0.02323 seconds with 8 queries