View Single Post
Old October 13, 2005, 10:52 AM   #26
DimitriS

Quote:
10. Avoid confrontations with poachers and/or other hunters. I don't care how rude they are, or how right you are. It ain't worth having an argument with someone who is armed. And if they are a local, you will really have problems. A Sheriff will almost always side with a local, especially when the Sheriff notices that you have a rifle and that revolver (which I've already commented about ).
Ya the revolover is alittle too much in my books (we wernt allowed to hunt with them anyways ever). I rather take a 2nd shot at a animal from a safe distance then go that close that I could use a pistol to shoot it anyways

As for the cops siding with the locals if they are poachers or tresspassers I feel bad for you on your hunt. Up here the person who has rightful use is always sided with and the other guys get thrown in jail/fined/revokation of there hunting licenses. Police and Conservation Officers (Like your Wildlife Officers I think) always side with the rightful party up here since they hate poachers and tresspassers, mainly because the rightful parties in these situations are normally the ones that dont over hunt and donate to conservation stuff and the like You know we people that are in the right arnt the people that move into a area and kill every single living animal and leave the bodys on the ground and take there antlers etc only :barf:

I got pently of events of this happening with friends and other hunters I know too.

Dimitri

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries