View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012, 01:45 PM   #8
snuffy

You could NOT get me to trade a bunch of those Lyman presses for my lee classic turret press. Unless it was enough of them to sell as scrap metal to buy another lee press.

I HAD a Lyman spar-T press many years ago, for maybe 4-5 months. It was so weak it could barely size .357 mags. The ram was tiny, it was single action toggle link so little leverage, the "turret" sat on top of a "C" type casting with loads of flex when under pressure.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/169...2-turret-press

The only way to load straight ammo with the T-mag-2 is to crank the center bolt that holds the turret down tight, making it very difficult to turn the turret. Then you still have that flimsy "C" type open front design that WILL flex under sizing and seating pressure. Spent primers are SUPPOSED to fall into that plastic cup under/around the ram. They will,,,---sometimes. The lee disposes of the spent primer down the center of the ram, into a plastic tube that can be capped to hold them, or directed into a trash can

Lee screwed up by calling their press a turret. It IS a turret, just not like any of the other turrets. Auto index is the best feature, if you want to, you can speed things up as your consumption increases by using the auto index and safety prime auto primer feeder. Does the lyman even HAVE a primer feeder?

You most certainly CAN load 9mm for less than buying factory ammo. Copper plated bullets are much less than jacketed, and lead bullets a less that plated. My 9mm reloads are about $4 a box because I cast my own lead bullets from free lead.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries