View Single Post
Old January 11, 2000, 02:10 PM   #8
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

AA#5 works VERY well with jacketed rounds and I have 2 different loads using 9 grains of the stuff in 45 acp. It also burns pretty clean (but truth be known ALL reloads leave a bit of residue in my 45 acp revolver, when i pop out the full moon clip i can tap it on the table top and get powder residue, you don't see that in your auto because it gets flung out of the gun)

My 2 AA#5 accuracy loads:

200 grain truncated hornady jacketed flat point,(a hard to find bullet) 9 grains AA#5, cci large pistol primers, remmington cases. 860-870 fps

185 gr remington jhp, 9 grains AA#5, CCI primers, remington brass. 890-900 fps

Both give you a "stout" load that is STILL NOT +p and you can shoot all day without gumming up your guns.

All relaoding data given is anecdotal and should NOT be used in place of "working up" your own load under controlled conditions. Your reults may vary. Start low and work higher and watch out for signs of overpressure like bulged cases, blown case mouths or backed out primers. Inspect your brass and be wary of "range pick up" brass for high pressure loads. Your results at sea level may vary from mine at altitude (here in the mile high city)

Dr.Rob

Page generated in 0.04587 seconds with 8 queries