View Single Post
Old September 14, 2014, 04:10 PM   #12
Clark

I have never got around to measuring the threshold of pointy bullets in tube feed trouble. I could calculate the free recoil rifle velocity and replicate the velocity in ammo with a drop tube. I could substitute some other pointy mass for the rear of the tube full of cartridges.

Supposedly someone in Alaska with a 475 wildcat got one to go off in the tube ~ 10 years ago.

No one seems to argue that 25-20 bullets all having flat noses amounts to decades of silliness.

The line of the threshold of trouble is somewhere in between, and the 30-30 is somewhere in between.

One thing one could do with pointy bullets is have a long one in the chamber, and one short enough to feed in the tube. That would make an accurate long range first shot, and a fast follow up long range shot.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02457 seconds with 8 queries