View Single Post
Old October 11, 2007, 03:30 PM   #28
ZeSpectre

Long overdue update

Let's see, it's been about two months since the last post. Since then I've been using just Weapon Shield for cleaning and lubrication (with the exception of using a foaming bore cleaner for heavy copper removal).

I've also been using very light applications of the "Lithi-Shield" grease on the rails of various guns.

The "Twins" have continued to perform flawlessly and cleanup after each session continues to be a breeze (I've run about 800-900 rounds through each since the last update).

I have been "ignoring" the screw slots on my carry gun (haven't been wiping them down) and finally after the last range session saw that there was just the faintest hint of corrosion starting to show. A quick wipedown with Weapon Shield removed it easily. So that's nearly THREE MONTHS for even a hint of rust to show on a known trouble spot even after a lot of concealed carry and handling/shooting.

In the interest of complete disclosure, I did have one trigger spring (Maverick 88 shotgun) that seemed to develop a sort of "watery" rust pretty quickly after treatment. I have absolutely no idea why this particular spring did this when there hasn't been even a hint of corrosion on 15 other guns I've been treating, but there it is.

Pulled the spring, cleaned it well with Weapon Shield, and it's been fine since.

EDIT - In another thread someone is mentioning something new called Gunzilla. The timing is perfect as I'm getting a brand new gun (NOT treated with Weapon Shield) so I may be able to do another comparison run. If so I'll post it here and continue this "test" thread.
Ze

Page generated in 0.03704 seconds with 8 queries