View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 03:32 PM   #37
allaroundhunter

Quote:
i just find it disturbing that so many people feel the need to have a gun for home defence i find it sad to have to think that way. i worked for the american goverment for 8 years and got on well with every one.
Most of the time people in government positions must undergo thorough background checks, so I am not too worried about them... However, there are criminals in every population, and I would prefer to be prepared than simply hope that nothing will happen. Do I feel like I will ever need to use a firearm for defense? No, I don't think I will. But I feel much more comfortable knowing that I have the means to defend myself.

My gun safe is in my room, and I unlock it and leave the door closed at night when I go to bed. 3 of the 4 firearms that are stored in the door are left "cruiser ready" in case I need them. I also have a handgun with a loaded chamber on my bedside table. (Remember, a handgun is there to help you fight your way to a real gun )

I have only once grabbed a gun with the thought that I would have to defend my home. There were two people sneaking around my house, I saw them peeking through my brother's bedroom window as I checked in on him one night. I immediately called the police and grabbed my pistol, but I believe they saw me as I saw them and they were gone when the police arrived.

I have used that shotgun to kill a couple of coyotes around the house recently, though.

Page generated in 0.02166 seconds with 8 queries