View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 08:57 PM   #19
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbicatter
If you are looking for additional data don't look for in "the One Load One Books", and "Gun Guides reloading Guide for Pistols". They are a waste of money, all they do is regurgitate the free information from the powder companies and the reloading data you already have in your reloading manuals.
Unless you don't already own ten manuals. I have a couple of the "One Load, One Book"s and I find them to be quite helpful.

Even if I can get the information somewhere else for free, those manuals put it all in one place for $10. I never have to remember "Let me see.... does Sierra have their data online or is that Barnes I'm thinking of?..."

Still, beyond the basics, I don't find any of the manuals to be particularly useful. I find that they almost never include the EXACT powder and bullet combination that I'm interested in. Once you know the basic reloading process, I find QuickLoad to be an indispensable tool. It's not perfect but, even in generic form, I find it to be more accurate than the data in most manuals. Once the variables are tweaked for the exact gun, case and bullet combination, QuickLoad does things that no manual can EVER do.

QuickLoad makes manuals almost entirely obsolete.

Page generated in 0.02687 seconds with 8 queries