View Single Post
Old November 22, 1999, 11:50 AM   #4
TacTrain

Hi house:

I have the K-Series model for my 1911 with both plates. I have used this holster extensively for two months. I can not recommend it for competition or defensive carry.

I really don't understand how the C plate could be approved for IDPA as it extends the holster so far from the body line that it makes it difficult for most to conceal it.

I modified both the plates to fit my body contour (small waist) but find them unconfortable for day long carry.

With that said, I do carry my 1911 in the Hellweg with the Original C plate modified for my waist on a modilfied Tactical Instrudtors belt, which is strapped around a non-modified Tactical Instructors belt. Basically this is a inner belt and outer belt configuration. At the point of holster placement there are three layers of belt between my hip and the holster plate. Of course in this configuration the holster is not concealable (I carry open, all day everywhere).

This works for open carry. The gun is in a straight up-right position and not pinned into my side, so it is fast and available. It is still experimental and although I have gone to great lengths to modify and attempt to make it something useful, it appears I will have to scrap it.

In my opinion, everything is wrong on this holster design. Out of the box (or more accurately; out of the plastic bag) it does not fit my waist nor does my gun like it. It does not secure the gun like other designs without extreme retention pressure from the retention screws and then it is impossible to get a clean draw. The liner likes to drag on the forward cocking serrations and is extremely sensitive to any rotation of the gun on the way up. The slightest pressure on the grip out or in on the way up tends to bind the gun.

I guess I don't like it!!!!!

Best Regards.....
"Train as You Live and Live as You Train"

Page generated in 0.02918 seconds with 8 queries