Thread: AK training ??
View Single Post
Old November 25, 2011, 10:15 PM   #9
irish52084

There's a few techniques to reload the AK at speed, but they require a break in your process from an AR load. I don't have a ton of AK experience, but I prefer the reloads where my right hand, I'm right handed, stays on fire control. I use my left hand to retrieve a full mag, swipe the front of my fresh mag hard forward against the mag release tab and then rock the mag in firmly. Reach under the rifle with left hand and forcefully retract the charging handle to get a positive chambering.

I've seen people use their right hand to hold the bolt open and keep the rifle against their shoulder while reloading, but this always seemed awkward to me.

Another option is the work space reload. You keep the rifle at chest level, rotate it so the charging handle is away from you after you drop the empty mag, then draw and insert new mag and chamber by rotating the rifle charging handle up with your left hand. This reload is a bit more positive and deliberate, but it takes the rifle off your shoulder. It does allow you to keep your eyes scanning though and is probably best as a reload while behind cover or as an admin reload.

I hope all of those made sense they way I wrote them out.

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 8 queries