View Single Post
Old October 25, 2000, 02:10 PM   #5
smark

Mike,

why don't you e-mail me directly, or call me. My office # is 978-251-5100 x48.

Don't have any immediate plans to go to Bolton Flats, but if I make some plans, I'll let you know. I might try to go and try for some ducks in a week or so.

As far as directions to Bolton Flats.
Take 495 south, take exit 27, ????? I'm quessing on the exit number. If your familiar with the 495 belt, take 495 south, and there's the candy place (HEBERT CANDIES) take the exit immediately after the candy place. At the end of the ramp, take a left, drive about 3-4 miles till you hit Route 110. At this point you have two options. Take a right onto 110, go 1-2 miles till you see some red barns on the left. Drive behind the barns, down a hill, you'l see the entrance. This is one entry place. Second entry place, is at the 110 intersection, go straight for 1/2- 1 mile mile or so. Bolton Flats is on left and right, and a large off road parking spot on the left, hard to see spot right after you go past the large open fields. This is the place I pheasant hunted a week or two ago, with no luck.

As far as clubs...
There's quite a few around. Lowell Sportmans Club, Stony Brook Club. These are both in Chelmsford. I like the Westford Sportmen's Club. All depends on what you like. Westford has a web page. Go to www.westford.com, I believe there is a link there. I've shot trap there a few times, and all the folks I met over there were extremmely nice, and very helpful. You can shoot Trap over there, you do not have to be a member. $2.00/round. I shoot lousy, but now figure I had the wrong choke tube in my 870. I am in the process of buying a Beretta A390 Trap gun. Waiting for my LTC( more later). Have not done there sporting clays course, but planning to do so soon. I have not shot much all summer, due to waiting for the new MA Class A LTC to come. My old FID card expired, I found this out after moving back from Virginia. It's another very long story.....
Hope this helps. Contact me if interested. What and where do you work? Locally?, or are you a long commuter person? I have the advantage of living and working in Chelmsford, with fairly flexible hours.
Steve

Page generated in 0.04158 seconds with 8 queries