View Single Post
Old July 18, 2005, 02:32 AM   #16
Heist

Whoa. Someone needs to take a chill pill.

I was sitting in line after grudgingly funding the chicoms (don't shop walmart. please.) to get some emergency drinking water, and I wondered what would happen if a ROPer / jihadi / crazy man walked in shooting. I posted it as an unusual scenario where someone just has a knife precisely to avoid the mall-ninja fantasy type responses.

And all the stuff I described, people notice in a half second or so.

I'm not eager to take a life. I'm eager to avoid situations where my skin might get perforated. Notice that I said I'd probably call 9/11 while running for cover, although in that location you would have a slim chance of making it into the bowels of the store without being noticed.

Killing is the last thing I want to do. I don't think or fantasize about it. I'm sure that most people are with me there, and I'm also sure that most people would want to do at least something beyond 'being a good witness'. Use a commanding voice and herd people toward the exits, make it to sporting goods and break out the shotguns, take up an ambush position in housewares, go out the back door and keep that area safe, crawl under the clothes racks until you can see the guy and keep the SWAT team updated as to his exact location (remember security will be watching this guy on the cameras and advising the police pretty well), do something.

It's just an interesting and plausible scenario. I predict within the next five years there will be at least four big-box related shootings, with at least one having no more motivation than "crazy man wants to kill people".

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 8 queries