View Single Post
Old May 7, 2011, 02:42 AM   #24
Bill Akins

Although they have changed materials to rubber and silicon over the years, you can still get beeswax toilet seals at Home Depot/Lowes. Or if you don't need that much, look for jars of honey that have the honeycone (beeswax) included in the jar. Take out the honeycone (beeswax), break it up and chew it to get the honey out. Chew it until it is nothing but a wax blob in your mouth. (I used to do this as a kid). Similar to those colored and flavored wax lips sold in the candy stores that we used to put on and hold in our teeth to look like we had huge lips that as a kid I also used to chew until all the "goodie" was chewed out of them and they were then nothing but wax too. Then simply melt that wax and use it.

Both the jar of honey with the honeycone in it and the wax lips will be cheaper to buy than a wax toilet seal if you don't need that much wax. But with the honeycone you are getting REAL beeswax without any additives. So if you want to use real natural beeswax, just get a jar of honey with the honeycone in it.

You could also just buy a block of paraffin at the grocery store and use it like wax. Back in the days when I used to surf on surfboards I would sometimes melt paraffin onto my surfboards to increase my foot grip and keep the water off the top of the board. Course regular surfboard wax worked much better cause I could rub that on whereas I couldn't rub on paraffin but had to melt it on, otherwise it broke up into tiny giblets if I tried to rub the paraffin on the board.

Or even easier, just get a candle and melt it in a cup, remove its wick and use that wax. But if you want to use your horn for hunting, don't use scented candle wax. The animals would smell it.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; May 7, 2011 at 02:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 8 queries