View Single Post
Old July 23, 2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Daugherty16

Good Question

First off, does anyone have an idea whether the McDonald decision moots the city ordinances in deference to state law, or simply mooted it based on its onerous provisions? Absent a valid local ordinance, does state law prevail? Probably.

If Chicago were practical about it they would adopt the state standard, or something similar to the local municipalities. However, (Glenn, I'm going to risk it) Mayor Daley isn't likely to voluntarily implement or allow the implementation of anything that allows citizens concealed carry, as his position vis firearms is well known.

To my knowledge, Chicago hasn't announced what it will do so the question is timely, but premature at the same time. Unless of course citizens can squeeze through the gap by compliance with state law before Chicago has time to adopt some other, ostensibly less restrictive, local law.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Last edited by Daugherty16; July 23, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03067 seconds with 8 queries