View Single Post
Old October 21, 2014, 08:18 AM   #10
F. Guffey

We all know the seating die does not have case body support and seating a bullet 'in some of my presses' can be accomplished with the weight of the handle or less when the bullet is centered in the case mouth.

I start with a case in the shell holder, I raise the ram, then, I adjust the die down to the mouth of the case until it makes contact. After contact I adjust the die off to prevent the crimp portion of the die making contact with the case. After backing the die off I secure the die to the press with the lock ring.

Before seating a bullet I back the seating stem off then use a transfer to adjust the height of the seating stem or I back the seating stem off and place a bullet on the case to be seated, then I raise the ram and adjust the seating stem. You know, adjust, seat then check and continue until I have the seating depth/length.

If a crimp is desired I use a transfer, I adjust the die to crimp then adjust the seating stem height. I seat bullets in cases with the maximum bullet hold, I want all the hold I can get.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02862 seconds with 8 queries