Thread: Headspace
View Single Post
Old August 15, 2013, 09:12 AM   #7
F. Guffey

Bart B. clamed”

“The Wilson case gauge cannot accurately measure that small of a tolerance as it depends on the eyes of the human to resolve that tiny measurement. Besides, all the Wilson gauge does is compare a case to SAAMI specs (as Wilson makes their gauges to) and does nothing to ensure the case is full length sized best for your rifle and best accuracy and long case life”

Dmazur responds with”

”Sure, it can be used this way. However, it is fairly easy to use the depth rod on calipers to measure the offset of the case head.

The first picture shows a case even with the bottom step. But is it? The bottom step for this caliber is 0.006" lower than the top step”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When the instructions are not read and or ignored the instructions become destructions, L.E. Wilson has included instructions for the gage from the beginning, they have suggest a straight edge. They also identified a straight edge as a pocket rule, it is a tiny step from guessing to the feeler gage or a a flat surface.

Fair and objective, I have no ideal what motivates Bart B. to ignore the evidence presented by Dmazur, I can only guess it would require going back and changing gigs of misinformation posted.

I did notice the information presented in this post suggest the case has a length and the head space information was in the chamber.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02209 seconds with 8 queries