View Single Post
Old April 30, 2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
The gun-grabbers think that our concern about government tyranny is paranoia. They see it as a "joke". "Are you kidding me?! Get real!"

Therefore, if we link that "paranoia" to a real, serious event, that we consider "evidence", they consider it "insensitive" because we're not being "real" and we're making light of real, serious events.

Their world-view fixation forces them to be unable to make the connection.
I totally get it now. My mind was not able to make that non-leap in logic.

Quote:
BTW, lack of guns is not what doomed the Native Americans.
True, but no one could argue that disarming them made it harder to nearly annihilate them.

Quote:
genocide. That is what was done to Native Americans, and it's offensive to suggest that it was merely a failure of white settlers to "assimilate" to indigenous cultures that led to the almost complete obliteration of the latter.
Exactly. The fact that we want to forget and dismiss the idea is a certain path to a repeat for someone else. Genocides are still taking place around the world in the 21st Century. To think that it can't happen here (again) is the height of denial.

Page generated in 0.03765 seconds with 8 queries