View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 05:13 PM   #7
Fusion

Quote:
I never heard of them but I did look and my one problem is that there prices for once fired 44 special is higher than Starline 44 special new.
Almost all of my pistol brass was purchased new from Starline. I would check out the price difference between there’s and Starline and unless there's a real savings difference (30% or more) go with the new.
The one time I purchased once fired bras was 308. I was told it was fired only once. On the 5th round that I fired I had a case head separation and that was with a medium pressure round. I pulled all the bullets that I had loaded and found that almost everyone had a ring inside the case from stretching.
I don’t trust used rifle brass unless I know who and what it was fired in.
I'm also iffy of buying used rifle brass. I bought some a while back either off of here or the other popular forum, I can't remember which, but I think it was here. I was also told it was once fired, but when I got the brass there as already one piece in the bag that had a crack around the case at the head. The others seemed iffy to me after that. I contacted the seller and he apologized and gave me a full refund which was nice, but it scared me off from buying used rifle brass. I no longer will do it.

Page generated in 0.03554 seconds with 8 queries