View Single Post
Old August 21, 2012, 01:54 PM   #4
twobit

Well if you want true-to-form traditional, go with the Cimarron. If you want to carry six instead of five, go with a Ruger. I have a few handguns, including single action, double action, and semi auto ( and one 1860 style cab and ball).

I have a Cimarron SAA Artillery 45 colt as a traditional four click SAA. I love it. I wanted an old style SAA and to me the Ruger was not 100% "old style".

I sometimes carry the Cimarron off duty. When I do, I carry two speed strips of six reloads. I know a single action is not the best carry gun, but I use mine for special occasions or as a "BBQ gun". For more realistic carry guns I have a 92FS, a Ruger LCR and a Walther PPK/S plus a few more.

Rugers are very good guns, and if you think you must carry six but have the style of almost an 1873, then by all means get one.

If you do get a SAA style gun, I recommend a Mernickle PS6-SA holster or a Simply Rugged pancake holster. I have both. The Simply Rugged holster is more utilitarian and protects the gun more for field use, and the Mernickle is more dressy looking. Both holsters allow concealability.

Page generated in 0.02553 seconds with 8 queries