View Single Post
Old November 5, 2008, 10:18 AM   #77

Deaf,
I appreciate your reply and you actually taking a stance this issue. I do not like to paint with a broad bush and use absolutes because there are those that shoot competition and understand there is a difference between combat and competition shooting. There are those that can teach both but if you look into their background they usually have a strong background with both types of shooting. Let us never forget that every shooting is different and is based on it own unique set of circumstances so there are no one size fits all solution.

I personally do not have any problem with competition shooters teaching the fundamentals such as marksmanship skills however I they should not be teaching tactics based on competition stages.

In Applegate's case, he was taught by those which had experience and the curriculum was constantly revised by those that went into harms way and gained experience first hand. Applegate incorporated the experience he did not personally have into his curriculum by those who had it. And, the thing that is often not addressed is the mental preparation (mindset) that was given to these soldier in the House of Horrors and with other types of training.

http://kilogulf59.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Last edited by 7677; November 5, 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries