View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 11:15 PM   #23
ripnbst

Suspicious panhandler in the parking lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
This happened to me once. Also at a Walmart. I used my outside voice to let him know to stay away. It was very effective. I had plan B ready though.
Was pregnancy a serious threat?

All joking aside, I'd tell him no thanks same as she did and if he kept on then out comes the stern "I'm on an episode of COPS" voice. Further pestering I'd probably have to put my big boy pants on and un clip my knife from my pocket and have it in my hand ready to deploy (Kershaw speed safe).

If the guy didn't get the effing memo at that point I'm not sure what I would do. At that point I would hope to be nearly halfway across the parking lot and far enough away for him to no longer be a threat. If the guy was following me, which at that point he would have to be for this to still be an issue, I might step to him and get in his face. I don't know. I seldom am not with my wife and 18 mo old son so if had to step to him to keep him at a distance I was comfortable with from them then as much as it would suck its what I would do. I'd have to draw the line somewhere and seeing how he has now followed me what I am envisioning to be nearly 100 feet that would be it for me. He's not following my wife and child any further.

Once they are at the door he can follow me to it if he'd like. Keep in mind I'd have my knife in my hand nearly this whole time.

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries