View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 09:34 AM   #57
Hunter Customs

JohnO and Constantine, thanks again.

I posted the pictures of the second gun to show the difference in taste in custom guns.

The second gun is a custom build from the frame up.

The front sight on the second gun is more a Patridge style but the rear sight is still the smaller type sight.
No big blocky rear sight to obscure what you are shooting at.

The second gun has a beavertail grip safety, however it has no raised bump on the bottom of the grip safety.
The raised bump is not needed when shooting with a straight thumb under the thumb safety hand position, as this does not open your hand up away from the back of the gun gun like a thumb over the thumb safety hand position does.

The second gun has french borders and ball radius scallops at the spring tunnel on the slide, these are only cosmetic items that some like when they personalize their guns.

It has my "Speed Grip" front strap treatment like the first gun has, this does aid in getting a better grip on the gun.

This gun has smooth thin grips.

It also has a smooth mainspring housing like the first gun, this makes for a completely smooth back strap.

Along with all the other top shelf parts it took to build this gun it has a match grade barrel that I did a 11 degree crown on.

Everyone has an opinion of what they like or want on a 1911 pistol.
If you want to use one straight out of the box there's certainly nothing wrong with that, there's also nothing wrong with putting some custom touches on one if you prefer to do so.
In my opinion this is what makes the 1911 the greatest pistol design ever invented, I give my thanks to JMB.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries