View Single Post
Old November 13, 2007, 10:47 PM   #11
taylorce1

Like I said I could see stepping up to a 7mm-08 or down to it. Lets be realistic about the .284 and .277 caliber bullets there isn't enough difference in the BC between the to to make a difference at normal hunting ranges. In fact if you look at some of the newer bullets being made the BC of the .277 cal will sometimes be higher than the .284.

I find accuracy has more to do with the person firing the rifle than the cartridge. A person who can shoot a .5" group @ 100 with a .45-70 is just as accurate as a person who shoots .5" group with a .22 PPC at the same range. I find very few people who complain about the accuracy of the .270 in fact it was developed do knock down real animals, not for steel plates shaped like animals.

The .270 with equal weight bullets will shoot flatter and hit harder than the 7mm-08 will. Of course the trade off is more recoil but it isn't that much greater than the 7mm-08. Either one is a great deer cartridge but too close to each other to see a difference, with a properly placed bullet both kill equally well.

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries