View Single Post
Old September 6, 2002, 09:46 AM   #9
mpthole

Here's my 0.02 FRN's worth of input...

LBEs/LBVs are great for training for a fight (or using in a fight for that matter...), but I wouldn't wear it to you local rod -n- gun club. Occasionally, with the more serious shooters I train with we'll put all the gear on and shoot for an afternoon on someone's private property. At the very least it gives you a chance to see what works and what doesn't. Even better is to take a class like Uraban Rifle at Thunder Ranch - that'll really show you what is needed versus what's not and what works versus what is garbage.

The reason why I wouldn't wear one to the local club is that, for the most part, all shooting is done from a designated firing line and my truck will be nearby for any supplies/support equipment - no need to carry it with me. Also, I try to keep a 'low' profile at the club. No need to advertise without knowing who you're dealing with.

When shooting on private property its a whole 'nother story. Not only is it very private, but we're usually moving all over the place, from 100 yards out to 1,000. Its nice to have all of my mags and some water and other things with me instead of constantly having to go back to the house.

YMMV

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 8 queries