View Single Post
Old May 24, 2006, 06:45 PM   #1
j1132s

Shot my own ammo today, yeah!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for helping me get started in reloading. After initially setting up my equipment a few days ago, I didn't have any time to reload until last night.

So finally, I was able to get to the range today and try out my handloads. I loaded 10 rounds last night with the following:

CCI primer, 4.0 gr Alliant Bullseye, 200 gr Rainier copper plated RN bullet, and Winchester once fired brass.

These 10 rounds were very soft shooting and about as accurate as WWB in 15 yards. However, they are much more consistent than the WWB cartridges. They were fired out of a S&W 1911 w/ 5" barrel.

I may consider decreasing the powder amount in the next batch, but from the ABC's of Reloading book, the author warns about having too little powder in the case (which may actually lead to higher pressure)... so I'll probably just try 3.5 and stop there.

Next, I think I need to buy a chrono setup since I really curious about the performance of my loads. Anyway, just wanted to share w/ you my excitement and mention that 1 more reloader is now on this forum.

Page generated in 0.03748 seconds with 8 queries