View Single Post
Old January 17, 2010, 01:49 PM   #29
James R. Burke

I will try to get some pics up but alittle green on posting pic's. With a combo in the U.P. of Michigan one needs a min of three points on one side, and the other four or more on one side. If you buy a single lic you cant go back and buy another, but that one all you need is one antler 3" or longer on one side. We been trying to leave the smaller bucks go here, and looking for bigger ones, and taking some does if the permits are avaliable. The first one I got was at 125 yards kind of running but not real fast seven pointer. Took a shot knowing if I hit him it would be in a good spot or a nice miss. Hit him in the base of neck thru heart, and out shoulder. I am on a hill. Stll went about 30 yards. The second one was at 200 yards which is almost unheard of here, most shots are 50 to 75 yards. It was getting dusk, and I seen him grazing between some trees, he had a real big body. When I picked up the rifle he stepped back and looked right at me. All I could see was from the neck up. I tryed the neck, and he went down so fast I almost missed it. Oh before the shot I knew he had the four on one side. I posted it before but I have a short memory. Had them both weighed. I believe the seven was 152, and the bigger one which was a eight with a smaller rack was 182. So it was good year for me. My wife let some forks, and a spike walk she had just one lic so she could have taken either one. I was pretty proud of her. We have been seeing some nicer bucks leaving the small ones go so its working, but its up to the hunter if you want it and its legal go for it.

Last edited by James R. Burke; January 17, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Pics:Try pics again

Page generated in 0.02924 seconds with 8 queries