View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013, 10:11 PM   #26
Machineguntony

If Rand Paul were elected president, which would never happen, then guys like me would grieve for two weeks then we'd be really happy.

If you can afford $30,000 for a gun, even if it's an investment, then I think you can sustain a loss.

If you were stupid enough to put all your investment eggs in one basket, then you deserve the loss.

I have personal experience in this issue, btw. Back about 13 or so years ago, when they had the 10 year assault weapons ban, I was one of those guys who paid $3000 for a grandfathered assault weapon (ar types rifles). I then took a break from the shooting sports to go back to school. I graduated and recently became very successful. About two ago, I went to a Cabelas and saw that ar type rifles were selling for $1000. Perplexed, I asked the guy behind the case why these guns were so cheap, as I had paid $3000 for mine. He said, 'oh you bought yours during the ban like ten years ago. Now they make them new and sell them for like $1000'.

I was shocked and went home and read that the ban was only ten years. I didn't realize, at the time I bought the rifles, that it was a temporary ban.

The sadness lasted 2 days, and then I went and bought a new AR type rifle.

Now granted, the ARs I bought, I paid $9000 for three of them. A NFA gun is worth a lot more, so I'd be sadder for much longer.

But come on, President Rand Paul. Ha! What? Are they gonna elect a Hollywood actor as president? Ha! And is Jerry Lewis going to be vice president?! And Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury?! Ha!

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries