View Single Post
Old February 8, 2014, 02:47 PM   #14
shortwave

I guess the reason I have never checked into the deer donating programs is I just never shot any deer that was not already wanted. I did, for years shoot a deer every year for a needy family that I had met through coaching one of their boys.
I did not have to process the deer myself. Would take the field dressed deer to them and the mom would actually process the deer herself. Nothing went to waste. She was very thankful for the deer and the kids loved it also.

It did them good and knowing I was able to help them out a little, especially doing something like hunting which I enjoy...did me good as well.
A win...win for everyone.

So I can see how donating a deer can be a very good thing. And in todays economy, we probably wouldn't have to look very hard to find a deserving someone that has fallen on hard times. I guess were I to chose to start donating a deer every year again, my options would be either to donate to one of these programs and trust that my donated deer went to a deserving family and not going to a lazy bum that has chosen to make welfare a way of life and wouldn't work as a taster in a pie factory... or... find a deserving family myself and give the deer directly to them.

Page generated in 0.03354 seconds with 8 queries