View Single Post
Old November 5, 2013, 10:21 PM   #24
Sharpsdressed Man

Having played with most all of the Bond weapons, be they book or movie guns, I am impressed at the utility and accuracy of them. Sure, a .25 caliber AR7 does not exist, and it is a dubious choice for downing a helicopter, but the Walthers and Beretta proved to be superbly accurate, and the P99 lent itself nicely to real suppressed use. As mentioned, the .25 Beretta 418 would shoot head shot easily at 25 yards, the PPK .32 was able to do that at 50 yards (now you are talking two hands over a rest, not snap shops like Bond in the movies), and the P99 could do head shots at 25 yards, with a genuine AAC Evolution-9 suppressor. I found that I could superimpose the three do sight of the P99 on the target, and get some respectable groups, even though I couldn't actually SEE the target area due to obstruction by the suppressor, which occluded the sights. You have to try this to understand it; it is similar to the Bindon aiming concept. Anyway, my P99 is one of my most accurate 9mm's, so even if it was a movie choice, or some marketing scheme by Walther to get it in the movies, it is still a first rate gun and suppressor system. The fact that Walther offered threaded barrels when other gun manufacturers were sleeping says something. If I were an agent, I'd want all three in my armory.

Page generated in 0.02445 seconds with 8 queries