View Single Post
Old June 3, 2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Mr. James

I have friends who recently adopted a most delightful boy, who has lived with them these past, roughly, three years. The child has truly blossomed, and is simply amazing, given the hand he was dealt. I credit the boy's native resilience, my friends' love and steady discipline, and the good Lord above. They live in eastern Virginia, rural area. Guns were not a problem. The authoritays[/Cartmann] were only concerned that the firearms and ammunition be secured. You don't need a $5,000 gun safe, either. Any enclosed cabinet (no glass) with a lock will due.

I see no need to mention the CHL unless asked. You have nothing to hide; you're one of the good guys, right?

The home study is really concerned with finding evidence of a disordered house, for lack of a better term, one that is squalid, run down to the point of being dangerous, unaddressed rodent or pest infestation, or evidence of obvious alcohol or drug abuse. These folks have seen the absolute worst of human behavior, often snatching children out of truly parlous situations, or even out of foster parents' homes.

Oh, and if you have 37 cats, lose a few.

Now, I love my friend's place just as it is, but he'd be the first to acknowledge it's not the Ritz (I personally view it as just a few paces from heaven.) They passed with flying colors. Clean the house, secure the firearms, make sure there are no obvious hazards, and press on.

And may God bless you for your generosity.

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03587 seconds with 8 queries